Monday, April 27, 2009

The Transformative Power of Clutter Clearing: An Essential Aspect of Feng Shui



Woohoo! Spring has arrived in Michigan and I couldn’t be more delighted. I love Spring because it always gets my clutter clearing and landscape clean-up juices flowing. My desire to clear out and clean-up has never been stronger, no doubt as part of my healing process, following the sudden, unexpected death of my beloved father in early January. Even though I know life is a cycle and death is part of that cycle, I was devastated by my father’s death and at the same time, I came to realize just how short our time here really is and how easy it is to spend our time getting caught up in acquiring “stuff” rather than doing what we love and connecting with what our soul came here to do.

Clutter is stuck energy (chi) and is symbolic of what is happening in your life. The more clutter you have, the more you will attract into your life. If you feel “stuck” in your life, take a look around your environment and notice what surrounds you. Are you surrounded by things that you love and that contribute to the life you desire or does all your “stuff” keep you stagnant and unable to move in the direction of your dreams? Your environment is a reflection of your inner life, so when you clear your clutter and organize your environment, you also remove the obstacles your clutter represents and create the space for wonderful new opportunities to come your way.

Okay, so you’ve decided it’s time to take action, but have no idea where to start. I suggest you begin small and use a Feng Shui bagua map, available for download on my web site www.inspirationalfengshui.com, to assist you in choosing the area of your home/office that corresponds to an aspect of your life that feels stagnant or “stuck.” For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Feng Shui, the bagua is an energy grid, which indicates how the different areas of your home/office relate to the corresponding aspects or “treasures” of your life. Since every aspect of your life is energetically anchored in your living/working environment, you will undoubtedly notice the area(s) of your life that are the most “blocked” are also the most cluttered areas in your environment. Energetically, clutter pulls you down and as a result, if you have a lot of clutter, you may find that you frequently feel frustrated, overwhelmed or exhausted. The good news is, the process of liberating yourself, from these feelings, begins with the simple act of clearing just one drawer. You will find that each small area you clear provides you with more energy to keep going.

As you go about the process of clutter clearing, you may find it helpful to ask yourself the following questions:
  • Do I love this?
  • Do I need this because I genuinely use it?
  • Does this support who I am now?
  • Does this serve as an environmental affirmation for me?
  • Does this evoke positive or negative thoughts, memories or emotions?
Continue at your own pace and keep focused on what you want to create in your life. Remember, your home is a mirror of yourself - why not have it lovingly radiate back to you the life of your dreams?

Abundant Blessings,
Jackie Fitzpatrick

1 comment:

cosmicmonkey33 said...

Excellent article Jackie!